18 Mar Corona (COVID-19) Update
We would like to share a brief update with you regarding the current situation with the Corona Virus (COVID-19) and the impact on our staff and customers.
We are constantly monitoring the situation regarding Covid-19 via the Governments daily updates and our highest priority is ensuring the well-being of our staff, their families and our customers.
There are 2 scenarios as we see it;
The first is that one of our employees could be exposed to the virus, resulting in a possible quarantine for us all. Although this is unlikely, if it were the case, we would inform our customers immediately, explaining the situation. We would look to our trusted colleagues in the moving industry to assist us with any booked work, if this is not successful we would offer a full refund for any work we could not complete.
The second scenario would be government intervention on how we can work or travel, obviously we would then have to follow the rules that were imposed on us at that time. Our contract makes provision for us to be able to subcontract, although we would always consult with our customer first.
So, what can we do?
- Offer Video Surveys to everyone enquiring about moves who has concerns about our surveyors coming into their homes.
- Regularly clean the vans using cleansing wipes to minimise any potential exposure.
- Check all our team for symptoms before and after each move, as well as communicating with them to discuss any potential exposure from friends or families.
- We like a good high-five (sometimes even a cuddle) on move day, it’s stressful right! But for the meantime, we have politely asked our staff to keep physical contact to a minimum.
- Ok, so the ensuite might be kept off-limits, but allowing our team to access other bathrooms, and having soap and or hand-gel available would be great.
Things are changing fast, and we will continue to monitor best practices for handling the day to day operations.